If you find out that you are a victim of Identity Theft, here are the steps you need to take immediately
- Go to www.irs.gov
- Go to “identity theft” and find the list of steps to take.
- You need to complete the Form 14039 -available on IRS website
Mail it with a copy of proof of ID (Social Security Card, Drivers License, or passport) to:
PO Box 9039
Andover, MA 01810-0939
- You should receive letter in 30 days with confirmation.
- Also you need to contact the following to inform them of identity theft:
- Federal Trade Commission–877-438-4338
- Social Security Admin–800-772-1213
- One of the following credit companies to place fraud alert on your accounts